Thursday, November 30, 2017

"Justice League" MX-4D Experience Review

Recently in my video class, we went on a field trip to see the Justice League in MX-4D. MX-4D is used to immerse you in the movie and activate four of your five senses; sight, sound, touch, and scent. Though, for the touch, it was movement of the chairs and water as well as wind that signified as the sense of touch. The sight was the movie in general as well as snow falling from the ceiling when the screen showed it, or ash in other parts of this film. The sound was wind and the movie. The scent was fresh mulch when grass was interacted with on screen and alcohol when it was being poured or drank. Though, the scent was incredibly strong and it didn't smell the same is it would in real life. Before I went to see the movie I didn't know that MX-4D existed in all honesty. I was very surprised when I was told what could happen during the movie, but also excited. I was actually pretty happy with the outcome of the movie, even though some of the effects were a little distracting, I loved every moment of the film and the use of the 4D. Though, I am an easily entertained person.

I believe that my favorite part of the experience was just the movie in general. The film was incredibly humorous at times and serious when it needed to be. I'm also a fan of several of the actors in the film, therefore, I adored the movie. I think that my least favorite part of the experience was the use of the scents, it was a cool feature, but the scents were off track and they didn't smell as they should have.

I don't believe that the use of MX-4D enhanced my opinion of the film, though it was fun to experience. With everything that was happening, it was just a big sensory overload. I believe that we might be able to use MX-4D in our feature film because it is a superhero cliche, that might be something that we could film to fit. I think I prefer a regular 2D or 3D movie, the moving of the chairs was nice, but it made me a little sick at first.

I believe that the creation of MX-4D was a smart way to try to get people to the theatre, but I think that only the people that would really want to go there would be mostly children. I was talking to my friend while we were waiting for the movie to start and if they had this MX-4D technology with a Virtual Reality mask of sorts where it's a 360 degree view of the movie, then I'm sure people would be incredibly interested in going to see the film in theaters.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie as well as the experience of the MX-4D, and I would recommend it to people. I actually already have. Though, it is a little off since it is new technology and I believe there is a lot of improving we can do on this type of film watching experience to make it as close to perfect as we can get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment