Friday, March 10, 2017

"The Breakfast Club" Trailer Re-Make Project Review

The scope of this project was to recreate an 80's trailer, or a kid-friendly High School movie trailer. My group and I had chosen The Breakfast Club. The assignment was to recreate the trailer word for word, shot for shot, frame for frame. Though, we had to remake everything, including the voice-overs and credits. We couldn't use anything from the trailer itself.

For pre-production, my group and I divided up the work. I was the script writer, Darby was the costumer and schedule maker, and Ashlee was the storyboard maker. Which was fun on my part, I loved making the script, it was just an enjoyable experience for me. We didn't have much room for adding our own creativity to it due to the fact that we had to make it shot for shot, and we had to follow the trailer. The production was pretty simple, we were able to get all of our actors that we were originally hoping for. And, we got to film in the school library since the whole trailer is set in a school library. So, that was a plus for us. I had brought a couple parts of the costume, while Darby brought the other parts for the other actors. The actual creation took about 3 days of filming, from 3:10 to 6:00 every night, so overall about 9 hours of filming occurred over the span of our filming. The post-production was pretty easy overall, we shared all of our clips together, due to the fact that we needed to edit our own videos. I had also asked my father to do the voice-overs, so the narration was all my dad, which only Darby and I used, Ashlee used a voice-over that a friend of hers had offered to give her. The editing was a bit of a struggle, since the first day of filming, the color of the videos had a yellow tint, therefore making the video seem just a bit yucky. So, I had attempted to use color correction, which didn't really work out for some clips, therefore some of them are a bit more yellow than the rest. Other than that, the editing was a simple process, with not a lot of issues.

I learned how to use the color correction tool, even though I was pretty bad at it in the video. I didn't really learn anything about team-work or any collaboration, I believe I'm at a full understanding of that. Though, the project deadlines, I learned that even if I'm ahead of the class, there will be issues with my video that could cause me to not be able to turn it in on time, so work diligently.

I don't believe I would do anything different, because I believe our video went very well an we worked very hard on it, so I believe that we did as much as we could. I would do everything the same, because I think we did an amazing job with the filming and working together, we had a lot of fun and I don't think I would change that.

I believe I would take away how much more fun it is editing together than apart, because then we  could collaborate and share our ideas to make our video better. Overall, I really enjoyed makig this video and it opened my eyes to how far we can really go just in our second year of video.


No comments:

Post a Comment