Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stromae - "Tous Les Mêmes" Review


I'm not completely sure what the scope of this project was other than to create an alluring music video for a song that he had recently written. In the thought that I am apparently an editor, I truly appreciate the almost seamless transitions from scene to scene. Especially in the beginning with the blanket being pulled up and then it transitioning in to a scene where the blanket had become the shower curtain. Also the color depending on what gender the actor is portraying is very nice in my opinion. 

I'm not completely sure what the story is since I do not speak french and am not able to use lyrics to help me deicide what the story is. Although, I believe that this music video is showing how both men and women react to different situations, or how they are treated in general. It is being told throughout the different perspectives of one person acting as both a man and a woman and having one side of his face done in makeup and having his hair longer and curled while the other half of his head is shaved and has no makeup. I think I would like to apply the longer shots to my videos, I really like the look of one shot takes but that means that everything has to be perfect, which is hard to do. I was already aware of how color can change and affect the characters and the emotions being portrayed, but I really am happy about how they used it here. I believe that the creator did very well in getting the one shot takes nearly perfect, it's amazing. 

I believe that the creator could probably improve on some of the lighting, some of the shadows look really harsh compared to the light background and it is a bit distracting. Overall, I really love this project, I believe that this music video is beautifully done and I appreciate the song as well, all the beats go well with the scene and I love how smooth the transitions are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment