Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Eva" Short Film Review


We used Skai Gray's script for our short film. Her concept was it to be based on the story of Christopher Robin, and how his story is about abuse. We wanted to show the abusive side of his story but instead of the child perspective, which was our original script, we wanted it to be from the older siblings viewpoint. 

The pre-production was a bit difficult since we had a script but we decided to change it due to actor preference. We didn't use the storyboards since we all prefer to work without the use of storyboards. We prefer to have the actors do what feels right with their characters instead of forcing them into a box of our vision. Our production roles were assigned easily because we knew that Skai was going to be the director since it was her script and so on. The filming process was pretty simple to get through, we didn't have much trouble filming. The editing was Erin's role so we didn't do much to work on editing. 

I was the creator of the storyboards, I really didn't learn much since we didn't use them at all. I didn't learn really anything new during this process. We talked a lot in this process so Communication and Collaboration were used throughout our whole production. We talked out every detail and went in depth of how we wanted the scenes to look. The Leadership was used very efficiently in my opinion, we were all taking charge of our roles and using them to our advantage in the process of filming. 

I would probably wipe my SD card so we didn't lose the last minute of footage, but that's about it. I would do everything else the same. I worked with people on this project that I haven't worked with before and I really enjoyed filming this with them, they are all incredibly hardworking and we all worked well together. Overall, I really enjoyed working on this project and it was a lot of fun working with my mother (the abusive mother), along with the rest of the crew (Erin, Armin, Skai, McKenna, Eva, and Katie). I would like to work with them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment